Thread to Topic?

Martin Wynne

Registered
Hi,

My first post. :)

I have just upgraded from an ancient board (UltraBB) to XenForo. All good so far.

I'm in the UK and the term "thread" just doesn't sound natural here. It's not a term folks use in everyday conversation. Is there any way I can do a global change to use the term "topic" instead?

Thanks.

Martin.

XenForo Rocks

Team Member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Contributor
ViP
True Member
+Member+
Registered
Hi,

My first post. :)

I have just upgraded from an ancient board (UltraBB) to XenForo. All good so far.

I'm in the UK and the term "thread" just doesn't sound natural here. It's not a term folks use in everyday conversation. Is there any way I can do a global change to use the term "topic" instead?

Thanks.

Martin.
Use route filters available in xenforo for that :)

Martin Wynne

Registered
Use route filters available in xenforo for that
Thanks, but that's not what I meant, sorry I wasn't clear. I don't want to change any URLs.

I want to change the term "thread" to "topic" wherever it occurs throughout the visible site. Perhaps I could create a custom language for that? But where would I start to do that?

On my previous board forums contained "topics", not "threads". That's what my members are familiar with, and I want to make the change to XF as seamless as I can.

It is also more logical -- you can't logically call something a "thread" if it has only one post.

Thanks,

Martin.

babah

Registered
Thanks, but that's not what I meant, sorry I wasn't clear. I don't want to change any URLs.

I want to change the term "thread" to "topic" wherever it occurs throughout the visible site. Perhaps I could create a custom language for that? But where would I start to do that?

On my previous board forums contained "topics", not "threads". That's what my members are familiar with, and I want to make the change to XF as seamless as I can.

It is also more logical -- you can't logically call something a "thread" if it has only one post.

Thanks,

Martin.
You can do that by changing the Phrases "Thread" to "Topic" in ACP